Job Opportunity: Landscape Architectural Technician/Draftsperson
HTFC is looking for a Landscape Architectural Technician/Draftsperson who can manage our technical and drafting requirements, working closely with managers, partners and staff on landscape architectural projects in our new office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
HTFC is an award-winning landscape architecture, urban design and land use planning firm with offices in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Celebrating 50 years of continuous practice in 2020, we are a dynamic group of 25+ professionals with backgrounds in design, geography, cultural resource management, and the sciences.
We are looking for a positive, energetic and creative individual with excellent organizational and communication skills ready to contribute to our vibrant and busy environment, working closely (currently via remote collaboration platforms) with branch management to help establish office practices, technologies and systems. As a core member of our design team, you will be responsible for the preparation of working drawings, developing and maintaining file management, conducting site inventories and measurements, preparing 3D drawings and renderings, and assisting with analysis, design and cost estimates as well as supporting office administration as needed. The position will begin as a 6-month term, with review and potential extension or transition to permanent status considered prior to the end of the term.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Demonstrated drafting experience (preferably within the landscape design and construction industry).
- A well-developed knowledge of PC-based computer-aided design software that includes experience with AutoCAD, Vectorworks, and Sketchup or other 3D modeling applications; additional experience with Macintosh-based software will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, MS Office Suite and/or Revit programs.
- Ability to interpret architectural, civil, structural, and topographic drawings.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a project team and to work under deadlines with strong written, oral and remote communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible with work patterns such as pivoting with team member collaborations, projects and tasks to support projects and team members as needed.
- Ability to critically analyze and present information to assist with determining methodologies and protocols in an establishing office.
- Ability and desire to relocate to Saskatoon to join our team in person at some point in the future should conditions be suitable and both parties amenable.
- Recognized drafting technology program certification.(ie Diploma/Certificate in Landscape Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology)
- Professional office and/or site experience considered a strong asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel independently or with a group for single day or multiple days.
What We Offer
As a Landscape Architectural Technician/Draftsperson, you will have the opportunity to expand your experience and refine your skills while working on a wide range of projects from commercial, institutional and educational design, to parks and open spaces, urban design and recreational planning. Our Saskatoon office is currently located in an energizing and collaborative co-work environment in the heart of the lively Broadway district.
HTFC Planning & Design offers a friendly team environment, competitive salary commensurate with expertise, and an exceptional benefits package that encourages professional development.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume with cover letter directly to Marilyn Gould, Saskatchewan Regional Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
HTFC welcomes applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and visible minorities.