Job Posting: Landscape Architectural Technician
HTFC Planning & Design is looking for a LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN who can manage our technical and drafting requirements working closely with partners and staff on detailed design projects.
HTFC Planning & Design (HTFC) is an award-winning Winnipeg-based firm founded in 1969. We are a dynamic group of professionals with expertise in landscape architecture, urban design, community and resource planning.
What We Seek
We are looking for a positive, energetic and creative individual with excellent organizational and communication skills ready to work in a vibrant and busy environment. As a core member of our design team, you will be responsible for drafting landscape construction drawings and conducting site and survey work.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A minimum of 4 years of drafting experience preferably within the landscape construction industry
- Advanced understanding and experience with AutoCAD, PowerCADD, and working knowledge of Revit
- A well-developed knowledge of Macintosh-based computer-aided design and graphic software that includes experience with 3D rendering applications
- Ability to interpret architectural, structural, and topographic drawings is essential
- An understanding of the fundamentals of landscape construction process, practices and building materials and permit processes
- Experience with construction sites and survey equipment
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a project team and to work under deadlines
- Certification from a recognized drafting technology program. (i.e. Diploma/Certificate in Landscape Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology)
- Valid Drivers’ License
What We Offer
As a Landscape Architectural Technician, you will have ample opportunity to expand your experience and refine your skills while working on a wide range of projects from commercial design, institutional and educational, parks and open spaces, urban design, residential and recreational design.
HTFC Planning & Design offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package that encourages professional development.
Please submit your resume with cover letter directly through indeed.ca to our contracted Hiring Assistant; One Recruits Inc., ATTN: Laura Wortley, by Monday January 23, 2017. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
- Architectural Drafting: 4 years
- AutoCAD: 4 years
- Landscape Construction Industry: 1 year
Required license or certification:Driver’s Licence